Sunday, April 26, 2009


I'm waiting patiently but slightly impatiently for this book to arrive from Amazon.com. Okay, I can't wait for it to come and I'll probably set all other reading aside. I was one of the privileged few of Omaha who heard the author speak at the Durham Museum last week. And they had a severe shortage of books there.

I have an insatiable need to read biographies and watch documentaries. I read the biography of Amelia Earhart an easy 37 times during my 3rd grade year. And did I mention that I'm a nerd who watched Histories Mysteries and NOVA specials on Netflix???

Less about me, though...

Here are some other AMAZING books about people with BIG LIVES that I think everyone should read...

No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green by Melody Green
Mission Possible by Marilyn Laszlo
The Chosen by Chaim Potok (fiction)
The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
Oswald Chambers: Abandoned to God by David McCasland
The Diary of Anne Frank
Susannah Wesley: Servant of God

And oh, the list could go on. Read, and read, and read. Read the biographies of as many as you can (be sure to read several different authors, too). And when you're tired of reading, write your own history...

Love until forever... (and ever and ever and ever)
Estee Renee

1 comment:

snobound said...

My hubby loves biographies and one of his favorite authors is Hampton Sides. His most recent read by him was the story of Kit Carson and how the West was actually won. A very gripping read...or so he said.