Thursday, July 16, 2009

Inspirators vs Conspirators...

I knew it wouldn't be fair to post a true photo of the Pioneer Woman on my blog without her permission. So, instead, I borrowed one of her other "true likenesses" to give you an idea of what she's about...

Many of you are already familiar with this woman and her website(s). You remember me gushing over her last year when I stumbled on this rare gem of internet splendiferousness. And if you aren't familiar with her, get yourself to her site and read and read and read. You'll laugh, cry, hiccup, sigh... it's beautiful and her family is beautiful and so are her dogs (even Charlie).

Ree (we're on a first name basis - or at least I am... and isn't it funny that our names are different by only two letters??? I call that kinship. HA!) has done so much for me without ever knowing it! She has inspired me to begin writing and blogging (whether anyone reads it or not). She has made me want to get my hands dirty in the kitchen and in the soil. She's made me want to have a dog and a couple dozen kids (these two goals will have to wait a few years I'm afraid...) And she's made this city girl long for the country.

And most of all, she's made me miss OKLAHOMA. I lived in her neck of the woods for 15 years and when I left I thought I'd said my final goodbyes. My sayonara. But now I want to spend some time there again. Visit my okie friends. Take a walk on the Pathfinder. Eat at DINKS (for goodness sake!)

This week, the Pioneer Woman launced ANOTHER grand site for us to whittle our days away with. Which leads me to my final thought... Pioneer Woman has made me want to be and do so much more. But she's also taken a lot of my time. So is she a INSPIRATOR or a CONSPIRATOR???

Ms Pioneer Woman and all others in SMOKELAHOMA...

Love until forever,
Estee Renee

1 comment:

snobound said...

I read your blog and I love it! I too have an infatuation with the PW - I've been reading her sight for a couple of years now and I must say her cooking page has helped me tremendously - I doubt my scales or posterior feel as grateful though. Keep up the brilliant posts, and I too miss OK on occasion.