Friday, July 31, 2009

Get in my belly...

I have a secret to life that I'm just now learning... If you want to do something, try something, be successful at something, overcome something, you must tell someone the ABSOLUTE-HONEST-NO-HOLDS-BARRED-THERE-AIN'T-NO-MISTAKEN-THIS-IS-HOW-IT-IS-TRUTH about what's going on.
I've joined Weight Watchers. Again. I joined six years ago when I lived in the 'Ville and had time to lug myself down the Pathfinder twice a day for exercise and had an entire cafeteria crammed full of every healthy (even though there were NOT healthy) food choice I could want. I was successful. I lost 70 lbs back then.
Then life happened. I changed jobs. I changed cities. Twice. I became lazy. I became complacent. And I found my 70 lbs I'd lost. SHUCKS! DOUBLE SHUCKS!
So to make myself feel better I took my favorite picture of myself... a la top of this page... to my stylist and said, "Fix my hair to look like this again." So she did. And she did a good job. But it didn't look right. My face was FAT again. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh...
So what did I do? I faced reality. I went back to Weight Watchers. I'm telling the GOD'S-HONEST-TRUTH. I've gotta do it this time. Keep me accountable folks. Hold me to my truth. Make me face the music. I've gotta dance this time.
Love until forever,
Estee Renee

2 comments:

Britt said...

Don't feel bad - since college....rather, since marriage I've managed to find an extra 120 pounds. Thanks to the South Beach diet and a little push from my beloved's cardiologist I've lost nearly 60 pounds - just 60 more to go! Life just happens, and lets face it, most of us just plain like to eat. Best of luck to you as you start on your weight loss journey - I know you can do it. I'll stay tuned for regular updates on here.

Dalene said...

AAAWWW! I wish you still lived here so we could go walking together!