Friday, May 8, 2009

Wanna know why this guy's smilin'?



Cuz I ain't gonna eat no meat...

I'm declaring next week NO MEAT WEEK! I'm gonna give it a try... go for the green. It'll be veggies 'n fruits 'n beans for me (okay, I'll probably consume eggs and fish, too... I'm not a FANATIC!!!)

But no cow, no pig, no chicken... and I never eat deer or buffalo or elk, so they're safe.

So if anyone has any grand ideas for meals PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know. Or I'm gonna get tired of salads real quick...

I'm off to grow a tomato...

1 comment:

Tesa said...

Make yourself a batch of artisan bread... roll it out flat, top with a thick tomato sauce, onions, peppers, olives, a bit of mozzarella and Parmesan and have a gourmet pizza!

Oh, and bake up a nice fat potato (or we like sweet potatoes) and top it with lots of yummy broccoli.

How about some seasoned black beans and rice wrapped up in a tortilla?? We like to add lots of salsa and veggies, too.

Or cook up some pasta-- toss it with some freshly pressed garlic and maybe some spinach and red pepper...

mmmm. Possibilities are endless!

I woke up this morning with a similar idea for myself... not a "meatless" week, but a week with NO SUGAR. I think I would do fine without meat, but I may be hopeless without sugar.

Good luck on your endeavor! It will be fun!