Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cloudy Sundays...

I drove down the 10th Street Bridge to meet a friend at a fabulous little deli/wine shop for Sunday brunch. As I parked the Honda, I noticed a wonderful cloud stuck to the top of the First National Bank building. What a glorious way to view this Sunday. I'm so glad I packed the Canon. The rain and the clouds have kept the day cool. And it made for a perfect day of dining, drinking, and exploring in the Old Market.

We enjoyed open-faced ham & swiss sandwiches on fresh French baguettes - served with spicy Dijon, shriveled salty olives, and tart yet sweet cornichons. Add to that a couple glasses of wine and LaBuvette was a shared favorite with a new friend.

After lunch we wound through the Old Market, browsing for treasures at Second Chance, flipping through books and art at Soul Desires Books, enjoying the views of the other strolling folks, and hoping for a perfect furniture find in Niche. I think it was a perfectly prosperous day!

I love you clouds. I love you Sundays. I'm glad when you come visit together!

Love until forever,
Estee Renee

No comments: