Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Namesake...


A few years ago I met my friend Jana. I was standing at a cosmetic counter, wishing for someone to show my wares to. And in walked a woman with the most magnificent red hair, milky skin, and GIGANTIC purse. We began to talk of potions and cremes and Beautiful soap... Then I discovered that she was THE Jana spoken of often in the house that I lived. You see, my roommate taught Jana's "children." They were always in the school productions and my roomie was the Drama teacher. And there were always stories of this family. So when I met Jana, we became fast friends.

So what does this have to do with a namesake, you ask? Well, let me tell you... Jana sends her stories often through email and has a big group of fans/friends/countrymen and so she must categorize these folks in her own special nickname way. Jana dubbed me "Estee Renee." And I was honored.
It's a name I've kept because I love the story of Mrs. Estee Lauder... I worked for her company, carried on her traditions (did you know she would stop a woman in an elevator and put lipstick on her just to freshen her up), became a part of her family. I left the company for other adventures but yesterday I put in an application to come home to the Lauderettes again. I hope to rejoin the family!

Thank you for thinking so highly of me, Jana! I hope Mrs. Lauder would be proud of me...

Love until forever,

Estee Renee

1 comment:

The Napkin Dad said...

Jana is a friend of mine as well and she is the best storyteller, a great person to share the planet with!