Saturday, August 8, 2009

Skip the book, see the show...

I've never been so bored as the three months I tried desparately to read this...
The concept of the book, the suggested storyline, the jacket advertisement... they all indicated that I would enjoy this tome of literary comraderie. I like to cook. I like to read. I appreciate all things nostalgic. Therefore I would like it.

But I didn't. Sorry Julie Powell. I'm sure I would have LOVED your blog. It's my style. But to move that storyline to this book just didn't work. Not for me.

BUT!!! When I saw the trailer for the motion picture, I was excited.

It seemed like a much more interesting way to experience the story. So I spent my last free Saturday of summer sitting in the theatre. Me and about 150 senior citizens. It was the 10:15... A.M... show.
I was confident I would like this... a Nora Ephron film. I ALWAYS like Nora Ephron. And I did. I felt connected. Involved. I'm not a fan of French food (except the wine and cheese) but I may just give it a try after watching it's life unfold before my eyes.
This just goes to show that the book is NOT always better than the movie...
Love until forever,
Estee Renee

No comments: